Thursday, June 5, 2008

Tom Sawyer

Instead of going to the June Fair, I stayed home to watch a great, action packed movie called The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. It's a movie comprised of several book characters from the classics who join together in Victorian England to stop a world war.
Such characters include:

-Allan Quatermain from the novel King Solomon's Mines by H. Rider Haggard
-Captain Nemo from 20 000 Leagues Under The Sea by Jules Vernes
-Mina Harker from Dracula by Bram Stoker
-Dorian Gray from The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
-Tom Sawyer from The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain
-Dr. Henry Jekyll/ Mr. Edward Hyde from The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson

Tom is my favourite of all the characters. Someone asked me today if I thought that Tom Sawyer from the book is good looking, and I have to say I change my answer to yes now that he's grown up. Look at this Tom Sawyer! Even with blood he's gorgeous!

http://www.tribute.ca/tribute_objects/images/stars/shane_west.jpg

Aw... so I should go to sleep now. Sad but necessary. Just like the thunderstorm booming outside my window. Oh, and by the way, vampires never really die. No matter what book or movie you're thinking of, they just don't. No matter what.

-Emma

No comments: