Friday, August 29, 2008

Note On Midnight Sun Leak

I have to mention my point of view on this whole leaked Midnight Sun issue.
Reading that note, I have to say that I think the way Stephenie Meyer has been handling this situation is very realistic, understandable, and even quite brave. Posting the link to the site the leaked copy is on so as not to lay guilt on fans unable to resist reading must have been a tough decision, and shows the care she has for each and every one of her fans. I know that from a writer's standpoint, taking a break from the story to truly enjoy the experience must not have been something she enjoyed deciding, but was ultimately the only decision. Don't we all want Stephenie Meyer to be happy and feel more than satisfied with the way Edward's story is written? We won't enjoy it properly if it's not what we know to be Stephenie's best work. I am happy, and have to say have new faith in the abilities of the artist.

Just had to say that to contrast Alicia's heart-shapeless post.

-Emma

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

Hey guys,
I just wanted to leave my opinion on the Midnight Sun leak. While I understand that the leak would be very disenheartening, I don't like the way Stephanie has reacted. Jk Rowling had many fragments of her books leaked onto the web, Yet she never gave up on her books. Many of Stephanie's fans would have never gone near the leak and would have waited patiently for her finished book. I feel that Stephanie has taken a rather cowardly path by choosing not to finish this book for her loyal fans. I think she should finish the book. Just yet another perspective on the leak.
-Jeanette