So, the title says all. I know I have been MIA for a while, but I promise I still walk the face of the Earth; I haven't dropped off it or anything. Lots of stuff has been going on lately. I been reading religiously, and Emma, I will read your chapter soon, I'm sorry. I thank you guys for reading mine and sending me feedback, especially Cody and Emma. Sara, you read, but refuse to give me feedback *sighs*. Jkz jkz.
Unfortunately, unless there is a developement I don't know about, York isn't going to the meet on Wed. Our coach doesn't think we're good enough because not enough people are showing up. So hopefully we'll be going to another one so we can go to finals.
Anywhoodles, lately I've been pretty busy. The homework load lightened up a bit, thank god, but my English teacher is a constant homework assigner. There's no doubt, I think we've only had one class so far where she didn't assign any. The last homework she assigned was fun though, we had to write a poem and it didn't have to rhyme. Skip over this next part if you don't want to read it, but here it is:
I am from memories,
From friends, old and new,
Trips to Wonderland and to Niagara Falls in Grade 8,
From, “Don’t push your glasses up at me!”
To, “Endless gunfire!” and getting stuck in bouncy castles.
***
I am from the earth,
From lilac plants and lovely corn fields,
Thick soil and lush meadows,
From the Arctic polar bear to the Canadian beaver,
From the wallaby to the great grizzly bear.
***
I am from the Portugal beaches,
The sound of crashing waves,
From the Northern farm,
Rabi waiting at the end of his leash,
And from Cristo Rei, his arms spread wide.
***
I am from words,
The words I read,
The words I write,
From notebooks filled with story ideas
And books I can’t put down.
***
I am from the Barras cousins,
All older but for one,
From catching frogs and snakes at McGregor,
To not finishing Casino Royale,
Because we fought over the remote.
I am from memories.
Let me know what you think. That's my first real poem in a looonggg time. I had to read it out to the class :S. Anyway, I'll be off now, but tell me what you think of the poem! Thanks xoxo.
Lishi <3 xoxo
My blog has moved!
-
Find me here at http://lisamcmann.wordpress.com/.
No comments:
Post a Comment