Friday, January 16, 2009

What Has Become of Us?

I weep with sorrow as a fervent melancholia sweeps over my delicate soul! What hath become of us? Have we, as upstanding citizens of our Westonian society, fallen from heights greater than us many have known? A near month! I tell you, this is blasphemy! To simply give way to folly, and give in to the seductive plea of business is merely a shirk upon our souls! We as rightful humans beings and inhabitants of this divine earth must restore our previous greatness!

Start BLOGGING again, you guys!

So... I'm in Cleveland, Ohio... it's even colder than it is in Toronto right now...
It SUCKS.

But that's okay. Even though I'm here for my brother's hockey tournament, I'm on my way to a career!

Last night I went to Lesley Livingston's- a new Harpercollins author- book launch! I read the Advanced Readers Copy of Wondrous Strange in November, and was one of the two teenagers out of ten people who'd even read the book! I now own a signed first edition that's with me right now. Lesley inscribed it specifically for me! I was also interviewed by my friend, a producer at Space Channel for a special on the world of teenage reading; focusing on the event and his daughter (my friend Mary) and I. It was really scary being on camera, and I was asked a lot of questions (TWICE!) but I think I did a pretty good job.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgO1BA746jSIYfov9B8H5cmnV4GvN2GWV7n-3oEkoL9fI8JeGUPwOrL2PxnlfVbupaLJLwrw0s73rt_g4GmLYZ7Qv_ZaG5UU0nAxPxyUYpP_weXa5to36l9iutsOZq7PLqCFqcx7c430ZIF/s400/Wondrous+Strange+jkt+cropped.jpg

And... the best part? I now officially know two editors at Harpercollins. Catherine, the one I know best, introduced me to her friend last night who is Children's Editor (which includes Young Adult) for Harpercollins. I did a quick pitch of my book... and I've been asked to send it to her!

AH!! I'm so excited, you have NO idea. It felt so natural being with all of those book people, actresses etc. and being interviewed about what I love: BOOKS. MY books!

I love love love love the world of books...
But Ohio? Not so much.

So start blogging again people!

Emma

No comments: