Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Don't Let The Blog Die!

Come on guys, the blog has existed for over a year now. We can't give up on it!

Okay, I'm sick. So I was rereading Ingo today.
Of course, that age-old question of "How do the Mer have sex?" Came up.
I have decided to clear this up for you all, as strange as it sounds. We need answers.

As you know, the Mer have seal tails. This is the area in which their parts are, leading me to believe that since Faro doesn't wear clothes, Sapphire has seen these parts many, many times. Remember how she stares at his tail when she first meets him, and he's laughing because she gets embarrassed at staring? It may blend into the tail, but these facts exist.
So, assuming that female parts are the same as seals too- and therefore better hidden- Mer sex must be similar to seal sex. It's sort of like dogs, except you consider the shape of their bodies and the idea that sometimes the male contorts until he lays down beside her.
Also- this action happens on land. So if Mer that have no Air in them - unlike Faro and Elvira- cannot leave Ingo, it may happen on different surfaces underwater too, such as a bed-type thing like Saldowr has.

Now, let's take into consideration the new relationship between Faro and Sapphy.
While in the books they never even kiss, they do determine that they will next time she returns to Ingo, and after peace has settled. So, Faro being Mer, and Sapphy being human would change the way sex works for them.
Consider this - Faro has the classic seal tale, and Sapphy is the same shape as us, but because the male in the relationship is the Mer and the female is the human, it would simply be a matter of their own personal preferences - seal and human style would work. (Creepy as that sounds.)
If the human had been the male and the Mer the female it's harder to guess, but I assume it's a mix between the two because of their body shapes. Unless someone else has an idea, we may have to refer to Helen Dunmore for an official answer.

As a conclusion; Faro and Sapphy's sex life will be just fine once they decided who's moving to the other's world.

Also- who's dying for MAX? I read the excerpt (which you need to read by the way) and I can't wait until the 16th! It's during break too so we can just read, read, read!

And then...

CITY OF GLASS!

I'm dying I tell you! Dying!
(And not just because I'm sick.)

BLOG!!!

-Emma

No comments: