“I don’t want to cry, because I’m British,” said Rowling, breaking down a bit, “but the [Harry Potter books] meant setting aside my children.” If that was a show of weakness on Rowling’s part, to the Law Blog’s sensibilities, it was effective in making her seem sympathetic. It was also a counterpoint to testimony that was otherwise declarative and authoritative.
“This trial has decimated my creative work over the last month,” said Rowling. “You lose the [plot] threads and worry whether you’ll be able to pick them up again.”
“Should my fans be flooded with a surfeit of substandard books — so called lexicons — I’m not sure I’d have the will or heart to continue,” said Rowling, who went on to characterize the H.P. Lexicon as “sloppy,” “lazy,” and “incorrect.”
Go Jo! We're behind you all the way. It's also interesting to learn that British people don't like to cry.
I also found an interesting point made by a member of The Mortal Instruments Google Group, was in the discussion 'Sebastian'. She said: So it will kind of be like sebastian wants clary who wants jace who wants clary but thinks she doesn't want him to be more then a brother?
If so, that will be intense.
Intense indeed. There is also the possibility that he is Clary's older brother roaming around. If so;
Clary: "I like you."
Jace: "I'm your brother."
Clary: "Dammit." Goes to Idris. Meets Sebastian. "I like you."
Sebastian: "I'm your brother."
Clary: "Dammit. I have a soft spot for siblings. I'll have kids with six toes."
Yeah, hopefully something will work out for her. For her kids sakes.
-Emma
No comments:
Post a Comment