Is where I currently am! Thank God for free campground internet access! Seriously, anywhere in this park it's available if you know the password. "thing99other". Don't worry it changes every week.
Before I forget, thanks for the well wishing you guys, and yes Alicia, Europeans eat huge amounts of food! Think about how I eat a three or four course meal at my Nanna's house, and I don't eat meat! Americans eat lots of food too, but there's a big difference. They have a lot of fat-filled foods instead of using spices for flavour like we do in Canada, and there serving sizes are at least twice the size of ours. Seriously, even a small coke is our large size. And at every highway exit they have a McDonalds.
I'm down here in the Southern United States of America with my family, and my Mom's best friend's family. Her friend's name is Lisa, her husband Ed, and her two little kids Mya (4 years old), and baby Olivia (18 months old). Mya talks A LOT. Olivia's quiet, but she makes the most adorable faces when she scrunches her nose. I love them both and I'm actually good with these kids.
Sunday morning I woke up at 4'o clock AM. In the morning! We hopped in the truck with the tent trailer behind us, met up with Lisa in Burlington where they live, grabbed Tim Hortons's (obviously) and crossed the border to the US. We went through Buffalo in New York state first, then headed down to Pennsylvania. We passed Pittsburgh and were there for a while looking for a washroom. Driving in America is hell even with books and Ipods because there interstates (highways) have almost no rest stops on them. Miles and miles of open road and full bladder.
We went through West Virginia late that day, with their greenery and adult entertainment billboards. We slept over there in a Best Western. I was exhausted. Did I mention that only today I'm getting over a sinus infection? Well yeah, it sucks. But the ocean clears you out so I feel better.
Yesterday we drove West Virginia's Appalachian Mountains. And not only do I mean 'on' the mountains, but 'in' the mountains. They had two tunnels for us to travel through the beautiful scenery too. So much greenery and so many rivers and views. It's really beautiful there.
On the other side of one tunnel, we drove really quickly through Virginia state, and into North Carolina. I rested my eyes for a lot of it because we'll be driving through on our way home. We finally got to South Carolina late yesterday, and trust me, it's a humid heaven down here at Myrtle Beach. I'll show you pictures when I get home.
So American campgrounds are very different than Canadian ones. The campsites are all squished together, and everyone has a Southern twang. I saw some cute guys from Kentucky in their car yesterday as we came into South Carolina.
But, we're in our tent trailer right beside the washrooms and showers, the general store, and the ATLANTIC OCEAN. I just went swimming in salt water and my skin is nice and soft. It's the original wave pool, and there's a fishing pier that's beautiful with it's lights at nighttime. The water is icy blue and tastes sooo salty that we're going to be craving sweet foods and tons of water. It's beautiful though. Plus there was a really cute guy on the beach. Dark hair, light brown eyes, you know, a good view. He was sitting under the umbrella beside us, and there were a few shared glances. I love my blue, brown and gold bikini bathing suit! It helps that I had Olivia there to attract attention. Babies are so cute! (And attention grabbers ;)
We're heading into town later. Let me tell you, it's very very hot outside, so we're going to get some air conditioning there and hopefully some ice cream and shopping. We will probably go visit a plantation just outside Georgia called the Magnolia Plantation. It is sooo pretty and sooo historical. Two of my favourite attributes. Look at the pictures, because I can't load any from our trip until I get back home.
I'm trying to convince my Dad to let us go down to Georgia before heading back up for our drive home. I love it here down South. You should all call me the second I get home, probably on Saturday morning before my accent starts to go back to normal. You wouldn't believe how easy it is for me to forget how to say a word with our accent. I keep catching myself dropping 'g' at the end of my words, and also saying 'a' as a consonant. I'm turning American! Ahhh! But don't worry, I used a Tim Horton's sugar packet in my two cups of coffee this morning, so I'm good. (For now at least). We're going to the Myrtle Beach boardwalk soon, and Mya wants me to play with her before we head out. She's lucky. Lisa's family has a trailer with air conditioning. We have fans, but they're okay. It's a nice temperature out. Nothing unbearable. I can see palm trees right at this moment. I hope at least one of you guys is a little jealous. It helps my self esteem.
See you soon! I hope to blog again later and I'll try to read your chapters Cody, but no promises. I have to do research on different places to do as we do down south.
See y'all later baby dolls!
-Emma
PS. from Mya
mmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyya
My blog has moved!
-
Find me here at http://lisamcmann.wordpress.com/.
No comments:
Post a Comment